
My mom started it off right by giving me gifts before my actual birthday- which rarely happens, but is always my wish. I'm well known in my family for being impatient. I like to think I've been able to overcome that fault to a certain extent in my adult years but I will never live down the stories of my childish eagerness. Mom likes to joke that all my babies came a little early because I just could not stand to wait the entire 40 weeks. She's even been known to buy my birthday presents months in advance, wrap them, and set them out in a very conspicuous spot with the intention to torment me. This year, she showed mercy (actually, I think it was more impatience on her part) and presented me with a beautiful painting of my daughters that she did in the early part of the summer. I love it! Thanks so much, Mom!
Mom also bought me a DVD that I'd been wanting of a new adaptation of Dicken's Little Doritt that we'd seen on PBS. She ordered it through Amazon and had it sent to my address. She mentioned to me that she was having something sent and that I shouldn't open it when it came. But, weeks later when it came in the mail, I was in a hurry on my way to class and preoccupied and completely forgot what she had said. Curious to see what this package was that was addressed to me, I opened it. I immediately remembered that I wasn't supposed to open it as soon as I saw what it was. I honestly forgot! Really!
Jon cashed in his Chase rewards and got me a giftcard to Old Navy and then took us all to Red Lobster on my birthday so I wouldn't have to cook. We'd never taken the kids there before and were a little bit nervous but they did really well, even during the fifteen minute wait to be seated.
Sophie was such a well-behaved baby. She really enjoyed sharing my linguini. I'm crossing my fingers that she won't develop a shellfish allergy like her Pop-Pop Frank since she was exposed to noodles that shared a dish with shellfish before her year mark.
The boys shared a lobster pizza- but Shule ended up eating most of Sally's mac and cheese. (Doesn't it look like Shazer is eating a lemon? I wonder what the deal is there, I didn't notice it until I was posting these pictures...I just asked him and we figured out it's actually a biscuit.)
I enjoyed my favorite lobster and shrimp linguini- I'm so predictable but it's always so good :)




What a super fun birthday. Being 33 is awesome so far for me too!!!!!
ReplyDeletethat painting took my breath away! really so beautiful! happy birthday lady. :)
ReplyDelete