Friday, November 7, 2008











Happy Halloween!

We had a very busy October- going to the pumpkin patch in Tucson, the boys' school Fall Festival, and then the ward's potluck dinner and trick-or-treating hayride on Halloween.

We did a family theme this year with bugs- Jon and I were too busy to get our own pictures taken but I was a queen bee and he was a bug catcher with a net. We made all of our costumes except for Sally and Sophie's, and Shule won the "Best Homemade Costume" at his school's fall festival.

Shazer the spider
Shule the dragonfly
























Sally the ladybug
Sophie the butterfly











My parents were excited that Halloween fell on a Friday this year because they could come up and see the kids' costumes. They brought Brittany with them and we went to our ward's annual potluck dinner and hayride trick-or-treating. Everyone had a good time but the older kids found their loot insufficient so around eight we split up- Jon taking Brittany, Shule, and Shazer door to door and me taking the oldest and youngest home to put them to bed. Sally was asleep as soon as we drove away and her Pop-pop wasn't long after.

When the older kids got home they did the traditional dumping of the candy on the floor, counting and categorizing. They finally got to bed around ten and Jon and I stayed up to watch Bram Stoker's Dracula on PBS, Mom and Dad tried to stay awake but just couldn't make it. I'm not a big fan of horror movies and it it turned out to be a lot freakier than I thought it would be- fortunately I didn't have nightmares like I thought I might.

Another successful Halloween! This year it was so much work I have to admit to looking forward to the Halloweens of the future when we won't have to take our kids out and we can just stay home and pass out candy.

1 comment:

  1. okay, your spider costume way wastes the spider comstume i made for ben years ago. what are you? made of time? sheesh. you put the rest of us to shame with your crazy talents!

    ReplyDelete