Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Host: A Novel The Host: A Novel by Stephenie Meyer


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I really enjoyed reading this sci-fi romance. I'm not typically into books about aliens and stuff like that but this one had a very interesting premise and some unexpected twists. I liked the romantic notion that not just your mind/soul love but also that your body has a kind of memory that loves, too. I'm not explaining it well. For example, if a mother were to have her mind taken over or inhabited by another being her body would still ache to hold her child in it's arms. Does that make sense? Read the book and you'll understand what I mean. Even though it was a hefty size (619 pages), Meyers' style is so flowing and easy I was done with it before I knew it. I kind of think that she could have condensed the whole Twilight series into one book like this and it would have been better. She uses familiar settings like Tucson, Mesa, and Picacho Peak which is fun for us natives, as well. Definitely a page turner and the ending was nice and tidy, which always satisfies.


View all my reviews.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I didn't know Stephanie Meyer wrote anything other than the Twilight series. Thanks for reviewing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this one too. I liked it better than Twilight, actually. I think because the writing is actually for adults. But the story was really engaging.
    I had read somewhere that Twilight was originally supposed to be one novel but then she expanded it to three. Don't know if that is accurate though.

    ReplyDelete